Jun 4, 2010

6 Dollars = 3 Movies!! That's a big Deal!

Do u want to watch three latest movies for only six dollars? Do you want to watch it in cinemas in Boston? A friend of mine told me the open secret and I proved it myself.

All you got to do is
1. spare a whole day for this,
2. get to the theater before noon
3. have enough food and drinks to keep u from the snack bars inside the theatre (because they're expensive, too)
4. commitment to sit through as many movies as u like.

It saves u a great deal if you are a movie fan and a poor student. It will only succeed under the conditions that it's not premier night of the movie, u've got a great deal of time and energy. Well, sounds totally fine to me, so I went to AMC theatre on memorial day. I guess the locals are busy commemorating the lost soldiers. So there were not too Many people in the theater.

The first and foremost thing to pay attention is that u've got to get to the theater before 12pm since morning movie tickets are only $6 per person. My girlfriend and I picked the 11:40am Sex and the city 2 (trailer) as the starter of our movie feast for the day. It was a pretty good movie and two and a half hours passed by really quickly. The movie left me the impression of camouflaging the glamourous lives of Pr people(samantha was having free luxurious trips to abu dahbi for four people, and flirting with different hotshots and celebrities all the time in the movie). Still I recommended it to those who were interested in taking a peak into the lives of the rich and famous in new York.


After that, we watched Shrek Forever After (trailer), it was a great laugh. It basically turned everything u know from the previous episodes up-side down. Donkey didn't even know Shrek anymore, and cat had retired and gained some huge weight. (Oops, I guess I'm leaking too much.) The story was Shrek going through his mid life crises and experiencing his had-I-known-better-I-would've-done-something-diffrerent moments, it was worth your hanging out with friends and having a good laugh.

Last but not least, we experienced a breath-taking adventure with the Prince of Persia (trailer) that took place in the ancient Persia. Overall speaking, I was fascinated by the beautiful scenes and actions in the movie. However, the plot disappointed me a bit. Used to be a loyal fan of the game of Prince of Persia, I was more into the advanturous treasure hunting of the Prince. But the new movie was more like another hero and beauty movie. More emphasis was put on the love between the love plot between the two characters, but what I expected was more actions from the Prince.

It was almost 7:30 p.m. after sitting through three movies in the theatre and finishing all the snacks that we brought along with us. We were desperate to breath some fresh air, and also some decent FOOD! It is dizzy and tiring after a whole day of movies, I still think it's worth it.

But I don't think I'm gonna do it again in the next month or so.

Last but not least, you've got to check out the AMC show time board or call (888) 262-4386 to plan your trip ahead, and the address of AMC Loews Boston Common 19 is 
175 Tremont Street, Boston, MA (you can take the greenline to Boylston and it's right there.)


Don't forget to tell me what you think and leave a comment below! 


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment