Jun 4, 2010

My first Baseball experience = Red Sox ROcks!

As I have mentioned before, one of the biggest attractions to me here in Boston, is the Boston Celtics team. But you will learn even more people are crazy about the Red Sox Baseball team when you get here.

One of the New England cultures that you will feel and eventually be greatly influenced (as for me) is that the Bostonians are proud and loyal to everything LOCAL! At least it is true for me.

You will always find fans rushing to a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park (which, btw, is really close to BU, and can make the day really miseralbe if you're going back home from downtown, there're just too many people and so little trains). If you're living around BU or along the Greenline B-line, you can always take the train and get off at Kenmore to go to Fenway Park.

I had my first trip to Fenway Park last September. It was a pre-season game against the L.A. Angels. Totally new to the game, I though it would be pretty miserable for me to sit through the game for five hours



There are Two "must-dos" in a Red Sox game.

1. the snacks: The famous Fenway Hotdog and Cracks Jack

2. Sing the "Sweet Carolina" together

It's a Fenway tradition. During the 8th inning, all the audience will rise to sing Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" (with slightly altered refrains) during each and every home Red Sox game.  Here's a video about it.
And trust me it's Awesome!




More pictures of the Park that night:



It was a great game that night, and we WON!
I am really looking forward to seeing another live Red Sox game soon!

Have you ever been to an exciting Baseball game? Tell me about it.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment