Jun 11, 2010

Chinese Dim Sum=A sunny Day

早晨! (pronounced as "Zou Shen", meaning "good morning")

As a Cantonese, one of the things I miss most back home is the Dim-sum that I used to have every Saturday morning with my friends and families. It's delicious, and more importantly, it shows a strong tie between the family and friends. It's like a Chinese weekly family gathering for us. So here I've discovered this great place called 喜临门 (Hei La Men restaurant) where it serves great Cantonese Dim Sum.

It's located on 88 Beach Street Boston.Take the T and get off at South Station. You can also call (617) 338-8813 to reserve your seats.
These are the a sneak of what we'd ordered that day. Looking great, huh!? Be patient, I'll introduce you some of my personal favorites right away.

First, the Pork Shiu Mai (烧卖). It not only looks like but also tastes like what I used to have back in China. A genuine taste of home!

The Shrimp Fun Gor (鲜虾粉果). It's kinda new here, but look at the size of the big shrimp! It combines a new taste and experience with the old style of Fun Gor. It's really worth a try!

The Steam Chicken Feet (豉汁凤爪). It might not look as good as those back at home. But trust me, you can't really tell the difference!
Well, I'm introducing the Bake B.B.Q. Pork Bun ( 焗叉烧包) in my friend's hand. You can tell from her satisfying look that the bun is really good! and Believe it or not, she had four of those!

 Last but not least, the Steam Sparerib (豉汁排骨). As one of the must-orders back in China, the sparerib here didn't disappoint me. It's juicy and tasty. I really recommend you have a try of that.


For those of you who are still unsatisfied with the brief introduction of the Dim-sum that they offer, check out the completely menu of Dim sum that Hei La Moon offers. And remember, they offer Dim sum from 9am to 3pm, either go a bit earlier or later in the afternoon on weekdays, because there are fewer people there at the time.

Wanna share with me your favourite Dim-sum, leave a comment below.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment